About

Thank you for visiting The Sugar Nook! My name is Janelle and I am a twenty-something accounting student living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

comet1

I’ve lived in Wisconsin for my entire life, and my current residence is a downtown apartment with my boyfriend of almost four years, Bryan. He’s an economics student and a real hoot.

bryan1

We have conversations with our cat, Dylly, who has more selfies on our phones than we do.

dyllybean1

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

I love cooking, running, and all things outdoors. That’d be hiking, camping, kayaking, and the like. I’m currently applying to graduate school to continue my accounting degree. My perfect day would be spent backpacking in the mountains, but I admit to enjoying a good pedicure every once and a while. My boyfriend describes me as 70% feminine. I don’t know what that means, or what the other 30% is. The first thing that comes to mind is wearing converse with a sun dress, but I like to think it means I’m one tough cookie.

“GREAT, BUT WHAT IS THIS BLOG ABOUT?”

Healthy living is something that I make a priority on a daily basis through balanced meals and regular exercise. However, sometimes I have to remind myself that being healthy doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun! A little fun has developed my affinity for tasting whiskey, and I always have the ingredients for a freshly squeezed bourbon sour on hand. Every once and a while I might post a cocktail recipe or two, but my main focus will be sharing my tips on how to maintain a budget-friendly and (mostly) healthy lifestyle.

One of the most important things to know about me is that I start sentences with “So, I’m trying this new thing…” at least once a week. I plan to share those “new things” with whoever wants to read. Recipes, workouts, outdoor activities, and random musings are a few of the things I’ll write about. Welcome to my nook!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: